The Inside Scoop on Ashley Tisdale’s Skincare Ritual
Ashely Tisdale, who introduced us to the iconic It Girl Sharpay, is one of the many celebrities to jump into the skincare conversation. Now 37 and mother of one, Ashley Tisdale's skincare ritual is an extra special part of her daily routine. As someone with sensitive and combination skin, who has been under constant scrutiny, she has known huge pressure around her skin condition. Not only perfecting a skincare routine that works for her, but she has also created products under her brand Frenshe, in hopes that others may find a similar peace in their own skincare rituals and journeys.
- Ashley Tisdale created a skincare brand called Frenshe
- She aims at promoting both skincare and mental health through a calming routine
If you want to follow Ashley Tisdale’s skincare routine step by step, here's her regimen breakdown:
1. Light a candle: Ashley does this just to set the vibe, she claims that every part of her routine functions into the complete skincare ritual that ultimately calms her and allows her to sleep better
2. The first product she uses is Mara algae Enzyme Cleaning Oil. A gentle exfoliator, it contains papaya, pineapple, grapefruit, and pumpkin enzymes that cleanse dead skin cells, makeup, and other debris. Apply one pump of product and wipe in gentle circles all over your face, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
3. Ashley often wears lots of makeup and requires extra cleansing. To achieve this she follows the Mara cleanser with the Holifrog Tashmoo Water Lily Nourishing Milky Face Wash. This non-foaming formula is said to leave your face feeling smooth and residue-free and is recommended for those with dry or combination skin.
4. To ensure the cleanest skin possible before bed, an Ashley Tisdale skincare must is the Perfect Skin by Christie Kidd Pa-C Fresh Pads, she claims these are especially good for breakouts, and removing excess makeup. Some of the ingredients in this product are witch hazel, willow bark extract, and ginger root extract, all known anti-inflammatories.
5. Next step is a shower. Despite all the products, this is the main part of Ashley Tisdale’s skincare ritual where she can start to truly wind down and relax before finishing up her routine and getting to sleep.
6. As soon as she gets out of the shower it is time to start the moisturizing process beginning with her very own, Being Frenshe Unwind Rest Lavender Cloud Nourishing Hair Mask. She loves to include this in her nighttime routine as it requires minimal effort, you just let it sit in damp hair, and tie it up in a scrunchy. There is no need to blow dry or take any other labor-intensive steps. She has naturally curly hair and says it's a relieving feeling to leave her locks natural.
7. Her next product is the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. This facial moisturizer has niacinamide, glycerine, and hyaluronic acid making it able to retain tons of moisture. Just apply a small amount to the face then air dry.
8. Following the Jet Lag Mask, is the PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum. Apply a pea-sized amount and spread evenly for extra moisture.
9. This next step is optional, and Ashley only uses it depending on if her skin is feeling extra dry. The Furtuna Skin Due Alberi Biphase Moisturizing Oil is just an additional moisture layer, and a little drop is enough to moisturize the whole face.
10. Vaseline** Her grandmother uses “slugging” which is a technique where you apply a thick layer of Vaseline or another emollient before bed. However, Ashley feels that this method is ineffective for her because she moves around lots during her sleep, so she amended the technique to something that works for her, which is applying a small amount around her eyes only.
11. The next product Ashley recommends is the Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment. This product contains cupacu, peptides, and babassu which give the appearance of fuller lips.
12. The next product on Ashley Tisdale’s skincare ritual is her Being Frenshe Soothe + Comfort body Serum Stick, a cashmere vanilla scent. Ashley revealed that she suffers from anxiety and finds her skincare ritual to be an incredibly soothing experience. She says that this product in particular helps her relieve the tension in her body.
13. The final product is her Being Frenshe Hair, Body and Linen Mist, lavender scent. She mists a few sprays over herself and one on her pillow.
Ashley Tisdale’s skincare routine is extensive but made to be that way. She has created a process that helps her come to terms with and manage not only her skin but her anxiety as well. While you may not require all of the products mentioned in this list, there are many options to look into if you are in the market for a new addition to your skincare arsenal.
Written by Kiana St. Onge